This one day course will give you an overview of IPv6, focusing on strategy and the market. You will get a strategic knowledge together with an understanding of how your customers think as well as their plans regarding IPv6. The course is theoretical together with theoretical exercises and demos.
The target audience for this training is personnel within the operator market/vendors to operators; sales, market, presale, IT managing, project managers and technical personnel or others who need market/strategic knowledge in IPv6.
The students are supposed to have a basic network understanding equivalent to the course Network Fundamentals for Carriers.
This course is a well-balanced mix of lectures, presentations, discussions and mind-maps. This course is avaible as scheduled training and the presentation is given in English or Swedish. This is a theoretical course. We can also give this course as on-site training. If you are interested in customized education, don´t hesitate to contact us for further information.
- What is the problem with IPv4?
- What are the benefit and obstacles with IPv6?
- What elements are affected by IPv6?
- How will IPv6 affect the users and usage of communication in the end user segment?
- What about apps and IPv6?
New features in IPv6
- How does IPv6 differ from IPv4?
- How are IPv6 addresses represented?
- Different types of IPv6 addresses
- Address choices
The market for IPv6
- Who are the players in the IPv6 arena?
- What areas of tele- and datacommunication are affected?
- What are the enterprise customers doing today and in the future?
- What are the end-user customers doing today and in the future?
- How to approach IPv6
- Migrating to IPv6
- How to sell more with IPv6
Sales and IPv6
- What key benefits are there with IPv6?
- Why should customers migrate to IPv6?
- What different choices are there to migrate toward IPv6?
- What happens if the customers do not migrate to IPv6?
IPv6 in practice
- Network design
- Web servers
- Solution examples from the market
- What operators offer Native IPv6 access today?
- How are they charging IPv6?
- What is the market demand for IPv6 native access?
- Microsoft Direct access
- Cisco solutions
- Possible future applications
- What is happening in the IPv6 arena today?
- Case study – regular customer. Discussion on different approaches on how to migrate.
- What applications can be improved with IPv6?
- How does an enterprise customer think regarding IPv6 and migration/implementation?