This education will cover the mobile TV concept with focus on 3G/HSPA, MBMS and DVB-H. It will also cover related standardization bodies and network architectures including support in terminals. After this one day course, the participants will have a good understanding of the different technologies used for Mobile TV.
Technical personnel or others who need a technical understanding of Mobile TV.
The students are supposed to have a basic network understanding within realtime traffic.
This course is currently not available as scheduled training. Please contact us if you are interested in this course. Either we can give the course as internal training or we may arrange it as scheduled training.
- Pros and cons of mobile TV
- Present status of the mobile TV service worldwide
Relevant Groups and Forums
- Various forums
- Streaming/Video on Demand
- Bandwidth demands
- MPEG-2, MPEG-4
IP Basis of Video Delivery
- IP Multicast
- Present status of Mobile TV as an IMS service
- Transport Streams
- Channels and Multiplexers
- DVB-S, DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-SH, DVB-C
- IP over DVB and DVB over IP, MPE and ULE DVB-H Overview
- DVB-H IP Multicast, Broadcast and Datacast (IPDC)
- DVB-H Time-slicing
- DVB-H MPE-FEC
- DVB-H Transmission modes, 2k, 4k, 8k
- MBMS (Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Services) overview
- MBMS Network structure, BM-SC, CBC
- MBMS modes and services
- DMB-S, DMB-T
- Modulation Schemes, QAM, QPSK
- Mobile TV – Real World Outlook
- Billing – strategies and examples
- DRM, Digital Rights Management
- Where, when and why do users watch mobile TV
- Operating Systems
- Multi-mode terminals