This two-day course provides detailed coverage of virtual LAN (VLAN) operations, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) and VLAN Spanning Tree Protocol (VSTP), monitoring and troubleshooting tools and features, authentication and access control for Layer 2 networks, IP telephony features, and class of service (CoS) on the EX Series Ethernet Switches. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and in monitoring device and protocol operations. This course is based on the Junos OS Release 10.4.
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring EX Series switches.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the ”Introduction to the Junos Software Operating System” (IJOS), the ”Junos Routing Essentials” (JRE), and the ”Junos Enterprise Switching” (JEX) courses prior to attending this class.
This course is available as scheduled training and the presentation is given in Swedish. The course is mixing theory and practical exercises. We can also give this course as on-site training. If you are interested in customized education, don’t hesitate to contact us for further information.
Day 1 Course Introduction Advanced Ethernet Switching
- Virtual Local Area Networks
- Automating VLAN Administration
- Tunneling Layer 2 Traffic
- Lab 1: Advanced Ethernet Switching
Advanced Spanning Tree
- Spanning Tree Review
- Lab 2: Advanced Spanning Tree
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Layer 2 Networks
- Introduction to Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Tools
- Case Studies
- Lab 3: Monitoring and Troubleshooting
Day 2 Authentication and Access Control
- Authentication Overview
- Access Control Features
- Overview of Authentication Processing
- Lab 4: Authentication and Access Control
Deploying IP Telephony Features
- Deployment Scenarios
- IP Telephony Features
- Case Study: Deploying IP Telephony Features
- Lab 5: Deploying IP Telephony Features
Class of Service
- Class of Service Review
- Processing and Feature Overview
- Case Study: Implementing Class of Service
- Lab 6: Class of Service